August 1, 2011

It Begins...

Okay. So here’s the deal. (Isn’t that a great opening line for the blog that I hope will chronicle my adventures in homeownership over the next few years? Very epic.)
Anyway, I repeat: here’s the deal.
I’m not really sure how to go about this. Blogging sounds pretty easy. After all, it’s just writing (isn’t it?), and I’ve always been pretty good at that. But how do you start out? How do you get a readership? Do I want readership? Omg, do I have to get a Facebook for this to work? And how do I make my banner all fancy? Or is that even what it's called? Uh...
As you can see, the questions are endless and actually very boring, so I’ll just stop there. And I’ll quit trying to find eloquent, beautiful, somehow charming words to open up this blog with. How about we’ll just go with this:
Hello Internet-
Let me tell you a little story. A couple of months ago, my husband (Denny) and I decided that it was time to buy a house. With our rent going up another  hundred dollars a month, our lease on the brink of expiring, and our butts getting steadily larger from having nothing else to do but watch re-runs of The Office every night, we decided that it was time. We did the math (actually, that’s not true: Denny did the math) and with home prices being what they are right now, it seemed the perfect time to buy (and, in fact, it was…more on that later). So we did the responsible thing: we hired a real estate agent, we got pre-approved for a loan, and we began researching potential homes.
Flash forward a mere sixty days and here we are: in a home we love, in a location we can’t believe we were lucky enough to find, and over the moon about silly, mundane things, like mowing down an acre of weeds and replacing the toilet seat in the guest bath. In short, we’ve found our dream house and, two weeks into living there, are on our slow and steady way to making it perfect.
Over the next week, I’m going to try really hard to get this blog up to date on the progress we’ve made so far, which includes scoring a ton of awesome stuff at a yard sale down the road, tearing down a crappy sauna and pathetic workbench in the garage, a heroic attempt at landscaping, and a few other little things that you’ll just have to wait for.
Anywho, thanks for listening, Internet. I hope you enjoy this little effort of mine and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Heart,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment